- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Eye Care Services
From eye exams and contact lens fittings, to laser vision correction and corneal mapping, our optometrist provides comprehensive eye care to patients of all ages. We also treat or diagnose a range of conditions such as glaucoma, the diabetic eye, dry eye and macular degeneration.
The optomap ultra-wide digital retinal imaging system captures more than 80% of your retina in one panoramic image. Traditional methods typically reveal only 10-15% of your retina at one time.The unique optomap ultra-wide view enhances your eye doctor’s ability to detect even the earliest sign of disease that appears on your retina. Seeing most of the retina at once allows your eye doctor more time to review your images and educate you about your eye health. Numerous clinical studies have demonstrated the power of optomap as a diagnostic tool.
Our services include:
- Scleral Contact Lenses A brand new type of gas permeable contact lenses that can be used to treat keratoconus, post surgical eyes and even multifocals for healthy eyes. These scleral contact lenses will be great for those patients unable to wear soft contact lenses.
- GVSS / Overnight Vision Correction
GVSS is the process of reshaping the eye with specially-designed rigid gas permeable contact lenses. This would eliminate the need for glasses or contact lenses during the day. The goal of gvss is to flatten the front surface of the eye and thereby correct mild to moderate amounts of nearsightedness and astigmatism.
- Lasik Surgery If you're ready for an alternative to glasses and/or contacts, LASIK may be the right solution for you! Dr. Burns is affliated with TLC Laser Eye Centers.
- BluTech Lenses BluTech Lenses provide a revolutionary solution for the lifelong preservation of eye health and prevention of macular degeneration. BluTech lenses are especially beneficial to those who work on computers, tablets or smart phones for long periods of time. By blocking the high energy blue light it aids in comfort and decreases eye fatigue. Exposure to blue light at night suppresses melatonin, our sleep hormone, interfering with our ability to fall asleep. By using BluTech lenses melatonin is not suppressed therefore making it easier to go to sleep. For more information see http://www.BluTechLenses.com
- PRN Physician Recommended Nutriceuticals. Find relief for occasional dry eye symptoms such as dry, scratchy, red or irritated eyes.For more information see http://www.prnomegahealth.com PRN Omega DE is available at Eye Design.
- Freshkote Formerly available by prescription this artificial tear supplement is also available at Eye Design
- GEMS Food Sensitivity Test and GEMS DNA Test Dr. Burns is an associated provider with XRMD a revolutionary company to aid in treatment of your overall metabolic health and specializes in the treatment of migraine headaches. For more information please see http://www.Nutritionalgenius.com
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Learn more about what problems can be spotted with an eye exam, what’s involved in a comprehensive exam, and special considerations for kids and contacts.
- Pediatric Eye Exams
Early identification of a child's vision problem is crucial.
- OPTOS Retinal Exam
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. We offer the optomap® Retinal Exam as an important part of our eye exams. This takes a 200 degree panoramic picture of your retina. For more information see http://www.optos.com/no/Patients/Why-choose-optomap/
- Visual Field Testing
Measures the quality of your side vision (peripheral vision). Usually involves covering one eye and focusing the other on a fixed point in front of you, while describing what you can see on the “periphery” of your vision.
- Red, Pink or Sore Eyes?
Did you know your optometrist can help you with red eyes, pink eye, or sore eyes? You don't have to go to your primary care physician for help with these issues.
- Management of Ocular Diseases
Including Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, and Cataracts.
- Corneal Topography
A non-invasive medical imaging technique for mapping the surface curvature of the cornea, the outer structure of the eye.
- Dry Eye Treatment
Dry eyes result from the chronic lack of lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye, which can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses and an increased risk of corneal inflammation and eye infections.
- Sports Eyewear and Safety Eyewear
Sports eyewear can give you the performance edge you're seeking for just about any sport (tennis, racquetball, etc.) or recreational activity (hunting, fishing, etc.). It can also provide the safety and eye protection you need as well.
This service offers early detection of potential eye and vision problems at no cost regardless of income or ability to pay. It is a one-time, comprehensive eye and vision assessment for babies, usually conducted between the ages of 6 and 12 months.